|Posted by Kampala Bible Presbyterian Church on May 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM||comments (0)|
We believe and profess the reformed faith which holds that:
1. The bible is the only inspired and inerrant word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice, consisting of the Old Testament [39 books] and the New Testament [27 books] with a total number of 66 books.
2. The Westminster Confession of faith, one of the great confessions of the 16st century Reformation, as a very helpful, accurate and faithful summary of what the Bible teaches.
The confession teaches, among many other truths, the five “ALONES” of the Reformation:
SCRIPTURE ALONE is God's written, inerrant revelation the church's only adequate guide and authority for all matters of faith and life and especially for understand salvation.
CHRIST ALONE is the savior of sinner. God the eternal son become man and by his sinless life, His substitutionary death and his sin and death conquering resurrection, He purchased grace, justification, reconciliation and salivation for his church.
GRACE ALONE accomplished by Christ alone, saves sinners. Salvation cannot be earned or deserved by any human work or obedience;
FAITH ALONE is the empty hand that receives and rests on the gracious, Christ-provided gospel and gift of justification that pardons hell-deserving sinners and declares then to be right before a holy God.
TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY the Truine and sovereign God alone deserves praise, glory and worship for all things and especially for gracious salvation.
3. There is one God, eternally and self-existing in three persons (Father,Son and Holy Spirit) who are of the same power, substance and glory and are to be loved, honored, adored and be worshiped equally.
4. All mankind participated in Adam's fall from his original state and are thus in sin and totally helpless.
5. The sovereign God, for no other reason other than His unfathomable love, and mercy has chosen lost sinners from every nation, to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of his son Jesus Christ.
6. Those sinners whom the spirit quickens, come to believe in Christ as savior by the word of God, are born again, become sons of God and will persevere to the end.
7. Justification is by faith and through it the undeserved sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.(double imputation)
8. The goal of God's salivation in the life of Christians is holiness, good works and service for the glory of God.
9. At the death of Christian’s soul’s passes immediately into the presences of God and unbelievers soul is eternally separated from God unto damnation.
10. Christ instituted two sacraments ie. Baptism and Lord’s Supper. These signs and seals of God's covenant, outwardly performed with visible and tangible materials ie. Water for baptism, wine bread for the Lord’s Supper.
11. Jesus Christ will return to the earth visibly and bodily at a time when he is not expected to consummate history the eternal plan of God.